Wednesday 2 March 2011

Discerning a Dissertation...

I have often wondered how to get some of my art work acknowledged, I don't have a particularly established style. However, by looking at the previous art works I have produced, I found that I tend to use everyday mundane objects and allow the viewer to see them in a different light from a different point of view.
In a module in my 2nd year of uni, I concentrated on looking at road signs and how we see these ordinary signs everyday and how we acknowledge them for their function and not particularly their form. So, I acquired some road signs (legally) and spray painted them and gave them an almost Chris O'filli style makeover. I displayed them in my end of year exhibition which changed their context completely.
So, now that i'm thinking of what to do for my dissertation, I have decided to revisit the road signs idea which leads me to think about street art and how it is a platform to be acknowledged as a credible street artist by taking the road signs back to the streets...literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment